Sunday, October 23, 2011

Chosen to be Sisters........

October 23, 2011


 

I'm very blessed for the simple fact that I had the ability to "choose" my Sister with the grace and guidance from God.  You see, I truly believe that He had every intention of our paths crossing a little over 1 year ago but God left it up to us to see where we took the friendship. 

In the short amount of time we have known each other, we have established a solid faith based relationship that continues to grow  stronger with each day that passes.  I'm amazed at how quickly she has become intertwined in my heart so much so that she is a part of me, of my family. I can't imagine my life without her.........it took me 34 years to find my sister, I'm not willing to let go EVER.

I believe the initial lesson God was trying to show us was that you "must" put time and effort into building a strong foundation which to us meant centering our lives around "Abba" our one true Father.  We do that by co-leading our LCBC (Lives Changed by Christ) Women's Life Group, serving the women and children of Clare House, praying together daily (which we refer to as "soul time"), providing each other with inspiring Bible verses or devotions, serving on our 1st missions trip to Guatemala and now we are embarking on coordinating efforts to raise awareness and funds for the Kairos Ministry to support the work of the Kairos House with providing shelter, food, and medical support to children with cancer and their families staying by their sides.

The second lesson that God has shown us is that to achieve the closeness that we were meant to share, it means being  completely vulnerable with one another.  There's no walls, no barriers, no lines that can't be crossed.  With most people, it is difficult to open up completely with no holds bar........but with my Sissy, it has never been an issue.  We immediately developed an understanding that we could be whom God intended us to be without any reservations.  There's no fear when sharing our inner most thoughts and feelings with one another that we will be judged.  I know that is a rarity but for one that I am extremely thankful for every day that God has given us on this earth.

The third lesson that I believe God is showing us is to not be afraid to love others.  I think people hesitate to express love for fear of what someone will think of them.   Don't be!  We have been created to love one another.  I love my Sissy with all my heart and I'm not afraid to tell her, give her a hug, hold her hand while we pray at church or put my arm around her while we are worshipping in song together.  I can't imagine holding back those feelings......because I love bringing happiness and smiles to the people most important to  me!

In my eyes and my experience, if you allow God to become the focus of your relationships, you will be amazed at how much he can strengthen them, improve them and draw you closer to one another and to Him.  So what choice will you make today?


Proverbs 18:24
"There exist companions disposed to break one another to pieces,
but there exists a friend sticking closer than a brother."


















1 comment:

  1. Aw, Sis, I love this post. You did a great job putting feelings into words. And, yes, I'm sure there are obvious reasons why I love it; but I also love it for the sincerity with which you share your feelings...and the fact that you strive to help and to make things just a little bit (or a lot) better than before you touched it. That's not as common as it should be. Love you...

    ReplyDelete