Saturday, October 8, 2011

Loving Spirit

October 6, 2011



One thing I'm slowing learning about myself is that God created me intentionally with a spirit to love others.  In all his profound and infinite wisdom, he gave me a huge heart, a warm smile and a contagious giggle to share with others.  I absolutely love these things about myself because it truly defines who I am. 

I've been told too many times to count that I laugh and smile too much.  Really?!?  Isn't that part of the reason God created us?  To enjoy each moment no matter how small; to be joyful; to be thankful............We spend so much of our days being serious -- lighten up, I'm giving you permission to smile and laugh!!  You may even receive some healthy benefits from leaving that stress and tension behind you even if only for a few moments.

I can't help but try to spread love to others...........it is in my nature to be this way.  I encourage you to TRY it -- smile at a stranger, hold a door open for someone, pay a toll for the car behind you, buy a coffee for someone, offer to help put groceries in someones vehicle, say Hi and ask them how they are and actually listen to their answer. 

There are so many  simple things we can all do for each other to make an individual feel loved and cared for.  And I know how good I feel when I give love to others -- imagine how the recipient will feel (my guess is,, pretty darn good!)

Thing I am Learning:

-You can't truly experience LOVE if you aren't willing to let down all the walls and be vulnerable with them.

-Love is FREE, don't be afraid to give it away.

-Love like there is no tomorrow because you never know when God will call you to your eternal home.


















1 comment:

  1. Another good one : ) ...and there's no way you smile or laugh "too much"...but you already know that

    ReplyDelete